A note before we get started: just know that most of these are strong suggestions, not requirements!
Although, if you show up bright orange I will probably require you to reschedule (fees will apply). IF IN DOUBT, email me to ask! :)
At the very least, you should consider bringing: a well-fitted black bra, a black thong, and a nude thong,
First Things First
- Make Appointments: Hair, nails, and any other preferred grooming.
- Drink More Water: We all know water is important, yet we still forget to drink enough. Start now!
- Avoid the Sun. Sunburns and tan lines are portrait ruiners. Use sunscreen and stay in the shade. No spray or lotion tans, either!
Three Weeks Before
- Get Shopping. Begin planning your outfits, go to the mall, and place any online orders. Make sure you have everything you need to complete each outfit, including underpinnings and accessories!
- Start Stretching. Try to stretch for 10-20 minutes each day before your shoot. Especially your neck, back, and hips. Trust me - boudoir is a workout! Consider this beginner's yoga routine!
- Begin a Skincare Regimen. Wash your face nightly, exfoliate your face and body every few days, use moisturizer on your full body every day, and wear lip balm constantly.
- Visit the Dentist. Get a regular cleaning!
- Get a Gel Manicure. Gel polish or shellac keeps your nails strong (and lasts up to three weeks).
One Week Before
Gather and Organize Outfits. Along with any accessories and shoes you want to wear!
Wax Eyebrows and Upper Lip. Get your brows waxed or threaded by a pro. Try to stay close to your natural shape and don't go too thin. Have your upper lip waxed as well.
Body Hair. Wax or shave the hair on your legs and underarms. You may also need to wax your bikini area. Stay moisturized!
Cut Back Caffeine and Salt. Both are dehydrating and cause your body to retain water.
Avoid Fake Tanning. If you usually spray tan or use fake tanning lotion, take a hiatus now until after your shoot, or we may need to reschedule!
Touch Up Your Roots. If you dye your hair, touching up your regrowth three days before your photoshoot is ideal. Keep in mind that this is not the time for drastic changes.
Get a Trim. Neat, healthy hair is youthful and vibrant. If it's been a while since your last haircut, go for a subtle trim.
Deep Condition. Your salon can do a conditioning treatment, or you can use your favorite deep conditioner at home.
One to Two Days Before
Get a Manicure. Soft, neutral colors work best. While you're at it, toss in the pedicure (go for any color you like on toes).
Clean Your Jewelry. For a fast and easy DIY option, try using a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your bling.
Shave. Touch up your body hair situation; remember under-arms, legs, bikini, upper lip, etc.
Tweeze Eyebrows. Double check for any strays.
Your focus this morning should be caring for yourself. Breathe. Remember, you are beautiful, and I will capture that for you!
- Get Your Beauty Sleep. Be sure to get all eight hours.
- Eat Breakfast. Think protein and complex carbs.
- Bare Face. Wash and apply your usual moisturizer.
- Moisturized Body. Apply some serious lotion or oil.
- Wear loose-fitted clothing to avoid impressions & red marks on the skin.
- Show up with clean, dry hair.
- Outfits. Don't forget your clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- Arrive On Time. Please get to the studio at 1pm. Try not to be too early, and remember the studio policies about arriving late.